These are wonderful to whip up when you are having friends over for brunch, or during lockdown when you can pretend you have friends that like the same thing you do!!
- 320g or 1 1/3 cup truffle ricotta
- 180 ml or 3/4 cup full cream milk
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 tsp finely grated nutmeg
- 150g or 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Unsalted butter to cook
Prep 5 minutes, Cook 10 minutes
- To make your truffled ricotta hotcakes, place your truffled ricotta, milk and egg yolks into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the sifted flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and whisk until just combined.
- Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and whisk to stiff peaks. Using a large metal spoon, fold the egg whites through the ricotta mixture in 2 batches.
- Lightly grease a non-stick frypan with butter. Add a quarter of a cup of the batter to the pan and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Make sure you don’t cook too many and overcrowd the pan.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm whilst you make the rest of the hotcakes.
- And to take the truffle experience to the next level, serve with your truffled honey!
Based on Bill Granger’s ricotta hotcake recipe.
About Post Author
Allow me to introduce myself with a quote from Nigella Lawson, “My qualification is as an eater”! Originally hailing from Hong Kong, I spent my formative years shuttling between one of the most densely populated places on earth and deepest, darkest Dorset, where resided an archaic institution for the gifted and talented – only joking! I’ve since discovered that I take to the country just as well as the urban intensity of Hong Kong, London and now Sydney. What does not surprise me is that I’ve ended up at the periphery of the food industry as I have always loved, and have a deep abiding interest in, food in all its glory. And Truffles! I just love truffles. Truffles happily combine with another great love I have, dogs. I feel the need to confess, however, my dogs are not truffle dogs as I’ve raised them much like my children, free range. But then, everyone’s happy! I love food, I love cooking and I certainly love eating!