Spike’s Spectacularly Ridiculous Truffle Ricotta – it’s easier than you’d think!
- 500g buttermilk
- 250g thick or double truffle infused cream
- 2L freshest milk
- 2 teaspoons salta
Give yourself a leisurely day!
To make Truffle Ricotta –
- The day before, infuse the cream with truffles
- Whisk all the ingredients together
- Pour the cream mixture into a large deep saucepan over a medium heat
- Bring to the boil (without stirring – this takes longer than expected)
- Once it’s boiling turn the stove off/remove from the heat and leave it to stand/don’t touch it for 10 minutes (harder than expected)
- Whilst this is happening, place 2 or 3 layers of muslin or chux in a large strainer and place the strainer over a large bowl
- Using a slotted spoon remove the curds from the top and drain in muslin or chux and let it sit in the strainer for 15 minutes
- Wrap the cloth around the curds and squeeze gently to remove more liquid until you reach the desired consistency.
Keeps for 4-5 days or if you press out all the moisture up to 10
Try other flavours such as orange or lemon zest, bay leaves, pink peppercorns, rosemary, choices are endless!
About Post Author
Allow me to introduce myself with a quote from Nigella Lawson, “My qualification is as an eater”! Originally hailing from Hong Kong, I spent my formative years shuttling between one of the most densely populated places on earth and deepest, darkest Dorset, where resided an archaic institution for the gifted and talented – only joking! I’ve since discovered that I take to the country just as well as the urban intensity of Hong Kong, London and now Sydney. What does not surprise me is that I’ve ended up at the periphery of the food industry as I have always loved, and have a deep abiding interest in, food in all its glory. And Truffles! I just love truffles. Truffles happily combine with another great love I have, dogs. I feel the need to confess, however, my dogs are not truffle dogs as I’ve raised them much like my children, free range. But then, everyone’s happy! I love food, I love cooking and I certainly love eating!